Skip to main content



Become an SEIU 620 Member

Membership Application

It pays to be a union member

Being a union member has its benefits. In addition to better wages, retirement security, and health benefits, SEIU 620 members or retirees are eligible for a wide range of benefits and services.

Not a member? Become a member today.

If you have a union at your work, print the membership application form and take it to your steward:

Membership Application (PDF)

If you do not have a union at your job, find out more about how to build one at your worksite. Please contact Susan Thomas, 963-0601 x117 or

What is COPE?

What Does COPE Stand for?

COPE is an acronym for the Committee on Political Education. It is our union’s voluntary bi-partisan Political Action Committee used for political and legislative activities. We hold politicians accountable at every level of government, and help our union build the political power to win strong contracts, better benefits and pass laws to protect our jobs.

Why Is SEIU Involved in Politics?

Collective bargaining rights, job security, working conditions and benefits are decided by elected officials. To do an effective job in collective bargaining, SEIU must be involved in electing candidates to school boards, city councils, county commissions, Governor, State Legislature, President, and Congress, who value, who believe in, and who will stand up for worker issues at the decision making table.

How is the Money Used?

All COPE money goes into SEIU’s Political Account for use in local, state, and federal activities only. It does not become part of the general treasury. A portion goes to the SEIU federal PAC at the International office for use in Congressional or U.S. Senate races. COPE money is used not only for contributions to candidates, but also voter registration efforts, lobbying, and get-out-the-vote efforts. Funds are also used to introduce and pass legislation that protects SEIU members and their families.

If you want to contribute to COPE, please fill out a COPE form and hand it to your Union Rep.